Our designs were then transformed from two-dimensional drawings into physical prototypes. We went through many rounds of prototyping with multiple factories, with each prototype taking an excruciating three to four months to produce.
Through this 18-month process, we obsessively adjusted and fine-tuned every aspect of our watches until they were perfect:
• The shape and finish of the hands were completely redesigned to be more elegant and balanced.
• The dial was changed from a run-of-the-mill “paper” finish to a special varnish to reflect light more beautifully.
• The hour indexes were given a different finish and shortened to minimize the shadows they cast.
• A circular brush finish and screws were added on the case back.
• The angles of the lugs were adjusted to be more linear and crisp.