- Leather Goods
Why buy from Linjer vs. other jewelry brands?
We don't mean to brag...but there are several reasons why!
1) We use only materials worthy of luxury brands 💎
Our products are made with nickel-free sterling silver or solid 14k gold, standard materials in high quality jewelry. Cheap jewelry is typically made with brass, bronze, copper and stainless steel; all of which will have significant disadvantages, e.g. durability of plating, oxidation over time, allergies, and a high risk of turning your fingers green!
2) Our jewelry is made to last 🌔
Ever owned a piece of jewelry that lost its gold tone after just a few months? It was almost definitely flash-plated or plated with only a thin layer of gold. Our gold-tone jewelry is plated with an extremely thick layer of gold (2.5-3.0 microns), which is about 100 times thicker than regular flash-plated jewelry.
3) You can trust our "gold vermeil" label 👐
The term "gold vermeil" denotes a high quality type of gold-plated jewelry and is regulated by consumer protection agencies.
Here's a secret: in Canada, the regulations are really lax, so companies can call their products "gold vermeil" with just 1.0 micron of plating. In the US, the requirement is 2.5 microns. That's a difference of 2.5 times the gold content and MANY years in the longevity of the product.
You can trust that Linjer gold vermeil pieces all have 2.5-3.0 microns of plating, because we want your pieces to last for years and years!
4) We love the environment and are committed to sustainability 🌱
Here are some examples of our sustainable practices:
- 100% recycled gold in solid 14k gold products
- 50% recycled silver in our sterling silver products
- Sustainably-made lab-grown diamonds
- Recycled materials in our boxes
- FSC-certified paper
- Minimal single-plastic use in our packaging
- We offset carbon emissions of every shipment to our customers!
5) Our prices are pretty amazing! 😉
We sell directly to our customers, cutting out the unnecessary costs and crazy markups that make typical fine jewelry extremely expensive.
We pass the savings on to you, so you own get beautiful, high-quality jewelry at ~50% the price of traditional retailers.