Elevated and edgy, ear cuffs are one of today’s hottest jewelry trends. These fashionable accessories add subtle flair to your look without being too over-the-top. Learn more about how to wear ear cuffs and style these versatile adornments.
What Are Ear Cuffs?
Ear cuffs are designed to wrap around the ear, creating a small cuff. They’re typically made of metals like gold, silver, gold vermeil, and sterling silver. Unlike regular clip-on or hoop earrings, ear cuffs tend to be dainty and minimalist in design. But some styles are made with diamonds or stones for an eye-catching statement.
Ear cuffs are perfect for those who don't want to get pierced ears, or are scared of needles. as you can wear an ear cuff even if you don’t have pierced ears! They simply slide over your ear lobe snugly, so you don’t need a piercing to rock this style. If you do happen to have a cartilage or lobe piercing, however, you can still slip an ear cuff over it.
Here’s How to Put On an Ear Cuff
Ear cuffs have become a popular accessory over the last few years, and might look a little intimidating to wear. But with a few simple tips and tricks, you'll be able to wear your ear cuffs like a pro. Here's how to put on your ear cuff:
- First, hold the cuff with your thumb and index finger.
- Then, use your other fingers to position the outer edge of your ear against the hole in the cuff.
- Gently push the cuff onto the thinnest part of your ear and slide it down until it sits snugly.
To keep your ear cuff from falling off, make sure you snuggly enclose the cuff around your ear and place it higher up on your earlobe, near your cartilage. Avoid vigorous activity when wearing ear cuffs — these accessories are best to wear to work, date night, or a fun day in the city.
Styling Elevated Ear Cuffs
If you have multiple ear piercings, wear your ear cuff with other earring styles, like hoops, huggies, or stud earrings. If you really want to show off your new cuff, place your hair in a high pony, slicked-back bun, or claw-clip updo. Here’s how to style the perfect curated ear:
- First, wear your favorite pair of hoops or huggie earrings. We love our classic Rebecca Hoop Earrings or timeless Kirsten Huggie Earrings.
- If you have other lobe piercings, add some sparkle with stud earrings. Some of our favorite options are the Trillium Studs or the Ida Stud Earrings.
- Finish your on-trend look with our elegant Ear Cuff in gold vermeil or sterling silver.
And to make stacking even easier, our curated Ear Stack Set will be sure to impress!
Whether dressing for the every day or a special event, ear cuffs add an unexpected touch of detail to your accessories. If you love ear cuffs, read about other trending earring designs, like stud earrings and huggie earrings. And if you need a little jewelry inspiration, check out the essential jewelry pieces you need in your collection.